Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Off to Synod

For the next week I will be attending the Christian Reformed Church's meetings of Synod in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This is my first time attending as a delegate. A colleague, calling to wish me well, said that he has attended six times and enjoyed every time. He commented that attending Synod is like feeling the heart beat of our church. He also warned me that it will be hard work and that some committees have been known to meet until one in the morning, and that, after a full day of meeting in session. If you would like to follow what is happening at Synod, check out the website:
http://crcna.org/pages/synod_front.cfm They even have a live webcast during those hours when Synod is meeting in full session. I will be away on Pentecost Sunday (June 12); Gareth Harker from Cambridge will be our guest preacher.