Thursday, January 10, 2008

An Ordination-Invitation

"After a favorable decision by this classis and with the concurrence of the synodical deputies, the candidate is hereby declared qualified for and is admitted to the sacred ministry of the Word in the Christian Reformed Church in North America."

So reads my new Classical Diploma! Ordination into the ministry and installation as the Pastor of the Lucknow Community Church takes place on the 18th, and I hope as many of you as possible will join us. The service begins at 7:30 p.m. Check our website at www.lucknowccrc.ca for directions. Pastor John Vanderstoep, my pastor from Cambridge, will do the ordination and Rev. Duane Kelderman, VP Admin at Calvin Seminary, will preach the message. RCA Pastor Henry Dekorte will offer the prayer and a number of others will bring greetings.

This morning my devotions cited a few words from Acts 26:17b: "I now send you..." The journey is not over for me; it has just begun. I praise God for bringing me to this day and look forward to acknowledging this next week. See you then!

~Pastor Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment